PHYCONET is a Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council Network in Industrial Biotechnology and Bioenergy (BBSRC NIBB), a UK-based network enabling biologists, engineers and industrial partners to consolidate their knowledge and expertise to unlock the IB potential of microalgae.
Commencing in January 2014 and operating over the course of five years, the focus of PHYCONET is on producing high value products from microalgae (including cyanobacteria) industrially cultivated in an intensive and controlled manner using photobioreactor and fermentor-based technologies.
Our main objectives are to:
- Develop an interdisciplinary microalgal research community in the UK
- Network with international algal groups
- Facilitate collaborative research between academia and industry
- Provide funding for research projects within the network remit
- Promote other funding opportunities
- Organise conferences and networking and training events
- Provide input to UK and EU policy
- Promote the profile of microalgal research in the UK
For all the latest algae news and information from around the world, visit our web partner Algae World News