PHYCONET, along with other NIBB, is supporting this 2-day conference organised by Cogent Skills, which is aimed at PhD students, post-doctoral researchers and early career industry researchers, to be held 18-19 July at York University Exhibition Centre. The objective of the conference is to broaden delegates’ awareness of possible careers outside of the university laboratory, and highlight the professional skills they will need in addition to their technical skills.
- Find out about current job & career opportunities in industry
- Reflect on your career to date and identify skill gaps
- Learn about communicating science and creating impact
- Get tips on how to write funding applications and business cases
- Find out about the latest science and training opportunities available to you
- Industrial Speakers and Panel members will include speakers from Innovate & KTN
- Meet with non-lab practitioners for 1-2-1 session to discuss your future plans
- Network with your fellow delegates and speakers at the conference dinner
- Overnight accommodation is also included
The programme can be viewed here. PHYCONET has been allocated 15 places at this conference. PHYCONET members can apply for this FREE event by submitting the application form by 5pm, 4 May. Successful applicants will be notified by 16 May.