BBSRC advice for IB Catalyst applicants
Please also consult the BBSRC IB Catalyst website for further details.
- Please indicate whether you are a member of a BBSRC NIBB in your application, whether membership in the NIBB directly influenced the proposal, and if you have applied for/been awarded PoC or BIV funding.
- Use the guidance documents.
- Seek advice on scope from IB Catalyst coordinator.
- Ensure activities and integration of all partners are well articulated in the proposal.
- Consider carefully the ELSI and ensure they are reflected in the risk register.
- Project management should be clear – include project manager if appropriate.
- Be clear on Freedom to operate and IP.
- If using non-UK partner, justify why.
Please note the new rule on PI eligibility (from Round 3 onwards):
- The number of IB Catalyst Early Stage Translation Awards that a PI can hold will be limited to one grant at any one time.
- If a PI is in the final year of their IB Catalyst Early Stage Translation Award, they may apply for a further award.
- Rule has been implemented by the IB Catalyst Management Board to focus PIs on delivering the outcomes of their IB Catalyst grants. PIs can hold concurrent awards from the other streams.
- IB Catalyst Coordinator (Adrian Higgs, NNFCC): A.Higson@nnfcc.co.uk
- BBSRC team: firstname.lastname@example.org