Funding from PHYCONET
BBSRC NIBB Business Interaction Vouchers (£200K total) are available for financing research projects. Funds will be awarded to an academic institution in the UK and the applicant must be a member of PHYCONET. We particularly encourage applications from early-career researchers.
In addition, the Network intends to use additional funds to hold regular PHYCONET meetings and other activities, and to sponsor other events related to algal biotechnology.
Please note that we have now distributed all of our Proof of Concept funds.
Business Interaction Vouchers
- We are now able to offer BIV funding up to the value of £10,000 (inclusive of VAT)
- Project duration 6 months (maximum)
- Industrial partner contribution expected to be at least to the value of the voucher as cash or in-kind contribution
- Applications are reviewed on a quarterly basis – next deadline is 5pm on 15 September, 2017
- Please read the PHYCONET Business Interaction Voucher Terms & Conditions before completing the application form
Training & Conference Funding
Funds are available to PHYCONET members who meet the BBSRC eligibility criteria in section 3 of the BBSRC Research Grants guide.
- Apply for up to £250 for an event in the UK and up to £750 for an international event
- Funds can be used to cover travel, accommodation expenses and event fee
- Members meeting the BBSRC eligibility criteria can apply on behalf of members who do not meet the criteria (e.g. PI on behalf of PDRA)
- Students are not eligible as stipends contain funds for these activities
- Applications will be reviewed quarterly – next deadline is 5pm on 1 November 2017, for events starting between 1 January and 31 March, 2018
- Please read the PHYCONET Training & Conference Funding Terms & Conditions before completing the application form
Funding from Other Sources
BBSRC has many research funding schemes, including fellowships, research grants, special opportunities and international funding opportunities, and, in conjunction with EPSRC and Innovate UK, set up the Industrial Biotechnology Catalyst for accelerating the commercialisation of industrial biotechnology-derived products and processes. If applying, please consult the BBSRC IB Catalyst website for advice and also read the following BBSRC advice for IB Catalyst applicants.
Working with business, research and policy makers, Innovate UK (formerly Technology Strategy Board) offers funding and support to help businesses develop new products and services – and bring them closer to market.
The Industrial Biotechnology Leadership Forum (IBLF) is an industry led and Government sponsored initiative to drive a bio-economy in the UK.